Policy text last updated 24th May 2018.
Who we are
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Personal information is information about yourself that we need to be able to identify you. This information includes your name, your email address and sometimes your telephone number.
We may also collect information about your visits to our website, for example how you accessed our website, where you accessed our website from and what you searched for on our website.
For more information about the more technical information we may collect, such as the IP address (the location of the computer on the Internet) and cookies, please see our cookies section below.
We use your personal data to:
- Provide you with products/services you have requested from us;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our website, when you choose to do so;
- To improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the best way for you and your computer;
- To help us with our work and activities so that we can make sure any advertising we send to you is relevant, if you have agreed to us sending you this;
- For our own administrative operations, for example, for research and statistics;
- To provide you with information about the goods and services we offer, if you have agreed to receive this information.
We use contact forms to collect personal information from you that we need to be able to identify you. This information allows us to provide you with products/services you have requested from us. This information may include your name, your email address and sometimes your telephone number.
We do not use the information submitted through contact forms for marketing purposes unless you have explicitly given us permission to do so.
Comments / Reviews
When visitors leave comments or reviews on the website we collect the data shown in the comments / review form. After a purchase through Pressfruit.co.uk, we reserve the right – but not the obligation – to place your review on the website or publish it in any other way, including your name, place of residence and date of the review as supplied in the comment / review form.
We use information derived from cookies in order to:
- Compile statistics on how our website is being used, which can help us to improve our website and online services.
- Facilitate users’ ability to navigate through the website.
- Ascertain whether the website is operating effectively.
- Personalise and improve the service we offer you by understanding your preferences and establishing which areas of the website are most relevant to you.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use Google Analytics on our website in order to compile statistics on how our website is being used, which can help us to improve our website and online services. We anonymise all IP addresses gathered through this service so your IP address cannot be linked directly to your personal information.
Who we share your data with
We may have to share your personal information with other businesses and/or suppliers in order to provide you with products/services you have requested/ordered.
Where you have given us permission to contact you, we may pass on your information to external service providers to contact you on our behalf.
If another party wants to invest in us or we are taken over by another party, we may need to share your personal information with them.
We may need to share your personal information for legal reasons.
How long we retain your data
Any contact form entries we receive are deleted after 12 months. Our analytics records are automatically deleted after 26 months, or when you request their deletion. We keep customer purchase records for 8 years.
What rights you have over your data
The rights you have under data protection law are:
- The right to access your personal information;
- The right to amend your personal information;
- The right to instruct us to delete your personal information;
- The right to restrict how we use your personal information;
- The right to object to us using your personal information;
- The right to use the personal information we hold to transfer this to other services;
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority if you think we are not using your personal information correctly; and
- The right to withdraw consent for us to use your personal data.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information by contacting us Pressfruit Ltd, Toby McKinnel, Ten Acres, Winkleigh, Devon EX19 8EY. Telephone: 0776 896 1584. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will always ask for your permission to use your personal information for marketing purposes or prior to sharing this information with a third party for such purposes. You will be asked to tick certain boxes on the forms we use in order to opt in to us retaining your personal information and permit us to use your personal information in this way.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to other websites. If you follow one of these links, please note that these websites will have their own Privacy Policies and that you will need to read these. Please make sure you read these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
You can request a copy of the personal information we hold about you at any time. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please let us know by contacting us: Pressfruit Ltd, Toby McKinnel, Ten Acres, Winkleigh, Devon EX19 8EY. Telephone: 0776 896 1584. E-mail email@example.com.
Where we send your data
The personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored, at a location outside the United Kingdom. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the United Kingdom who work for us or one of our suppliers. These staff may be involved in, among other things, the processing of your payment details, the provision of support services and the fulfillment of your order.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access
Our contact information
Pressfruit Ltd, Toby McKinnel, Ten Acres, Winkleigh, Devon EX19 8EY. Telephone: 0776 896 1584. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
How we protect your data
We use an SSL certificate in order to encrypt any data sent between you and the server. All administrators of this website are required to use strong passwords and two factor authentication in order to minimise any risk of unauthorised entry.
What data breach procedures we have in place
In the case of a data breach we will inform the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) within 72 hours of the suspected breach. When we know information about a breach, we will provide this to individuals affected, together with advice to help them protect themselves from its effects.
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you believe your personal information has been processed in a way that does not comply with the GDPR. You can do so by calling the ICO helpline on 0303 123 1113 or via their website https://ico.org.uk/.